Denzil Minnan-Wong, Ward 34 councillor and member of the Employee and Labour Relations Committee will face off against Newstalk1010 Host Jerry Agar, University of Toronto Prof. Laurel MacDowell, and Ryerson University Prof. Maurice Mazerolle.
“We’re excited to have such an accomplished group of individuals sit together to discuss the city’s labour pains,” said coalition president Matthew McGuire. “With the possibility of a major work stoppage this weekend, this will be an event you cannot miss.”
While the coalition has some ideas on how to proceed on the labour front, we feel it is important that all voices are heard in this discussion and have put great effort into finding a range of perspectives for the panel.
The event is a cost-recovery event. Tickets are $10 for non-members and free for members and accredited media.
Doors open at 6:30pm on Tuesday, January 31st. The event begins at 7:00pm. Media are requested to RSVP and to arrive no later than 6:50pm and to check it at registration.
“Labour Pains” will be a spirited discussion between:
- Councillor Denzil Minnan-Wong, Ward 34, Employee and Labour Relations Committee
- Jerry Agar, Newstalk1010 Host
- Prof. Maurice Mazerolle, Ryerson University
- Prof. Laurel MacDowell, University of Toronto
- Date: Tuesday, January 31st, 2012
- Time: 7:05pm start
- Location: Bond Place Hotel, Piccadilly Room (65 Dundas St. East)
- Price: $10 for nonmembers, FREE for members! (seating is limited)